Sunday, August 4, 2019

A northbound UP freight near Castle Rock-- And an important sign!


And by the way, I have no idea what the sign means other than it has to do with rails and turnouts.  But I like the sign!

Addition:  Railroad maintenance vehicles have wheels for the highway and special flanged wheels to go on the tracks.  They are the hy-rail vehicles.  Frogs are part of turnouts and switches.  The sign is a warning to the maintenance vehicles that the "frog" is there.  Thanks to my RR friends!


Sharing today with Mersad's Through My Lens

12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Lift frog? Colour me confused.
Love the light and the shot though.

Mikael Bergman said...

Me too
and I like the picture very much

Helen said...

I love the misty image of the train and after a liitle googling I am enlightened as to the meaning of the sign.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Everyone needs a lift in their frog

Sandi said...

Frog?

Rose said...

I like it, too...and love the photo.

Taken For Granted said...

The photo is like an impressionist painting, and the sign has a touch of humor. Perhaps the frogs can't jump over the trains without help?

Powell River Books said...

Back when I was a teen (many years ago) kids would let some air out of their tires and use a crossing to put their cars on the rails to drive over a long bridge crossing a river. I never rode in one of the cars, but I was there to see them start their trip. Two danger, a train coming and running off the rails while on the bridge and getting stuck. But that was life for kids living in small towns in California's central valley. - Margy

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Bill,
Very nice picture.
Special to see the attention of that sign.

Greetings, Marco

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Love the rendition... and the sign! ❤️❤️

Luis Serrano said...

Atención. Un aviso para el maquinista de esa locomotora que va surcando la oscuridad y que parece que se nos echa encima a toda velocidad. Un abrazo Bill

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Excelente trabalho e aproveito para desejar uma boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados