Here's something I've never seen before-- I raced to the internet to find out that this little fungus is a very young Varnished Conk (Ganoderma Lucidum). The cap will expand into a fan or kidney shape, shelf-like several inches across, a deep red or mahogany with a shiny, varnished look. They're hard, not soft like typical mushrooms. As much as we've walked the forests, we've never seen one before--- baby or fully grown.
7 comments:
Well what a find and thank goodness for the internet.
Amazing. I read they can be dried and processed into tea for the immune system. Think I'd leave that to the experts.
Wow, a wonderful discovery. My mind has been blown away with all the fungi I have found here this week.
That looks like my bacon and egg breakfast this morning!
The world of mushrooms is fascinating, and there is a great deal to learn about them. This is a new on for me. Thanks for the description and photo.
Un hongo muy raro a la vez que bello. El sombrero parece una helado de nata. jeje.
Un abrazo.
La naturaleza siempre nos reserva sorpresas
Looks like half a fried egg and raw innards.
Post a Comment